We're looking for a new teammate in our profitable, independent, and bootstrapped company (21 people from 11 different countries, over 80% engineers), and give you the opportunity to be part of a fascinating journey. We are 100% remote, and with a flat organizational structure. We’ve seen incredible growth over the last 7 years, driven by a talented and versatile yet small team. It worked well so far, but now we want more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a full-time Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/x) with strong experience. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key position.
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different platforms and technologies. We admire engineers who take the initiative, make their own decisions and implement them precisely.
WE OFFER YOU
- a great work-life balance - work whenever you want from wherever you are. Results - not hours. We care about what you achieve.
- no bullshit - we are a fact- and engineering-driven company (including the founders)
- to work on something important. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people find love and happiness.
- 30 days paid vacation
- a competitive salary
- be responsible for the infrastructure of our award-winning apps used by millions of active users every day
- ensure reliability, scalability, and performance
- tackle problems relating to critical services and prevent problem recurrence
- maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- work agile with a motivated and innovative small team (including us, the two founders)
- solve challenges involving scaling, high availability, reliability, data pipelines, micro-services, and more in your day-to-day work.
- are comfortable building and scaling applications on one or more technologies that make up our stack: Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, PHP, Python, Redis, Memcache, Cassandra, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Gitlab, MQTT, Puppet, and more.
- can cross systems, DevOps, and application software boundaries.
- have experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, and hardware).
- are fascinated by the complex issues that arise as a result of operating large-scale systems and you understand that automation plays a critical role.
- are skilled working directly on the command line and you take pride in building internal tools to help your team be more efficient.
- love learning, enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
- love getting things done and you never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including references, salary requirements, and possible starting date.